In the lead up to an upcoming expedition comes the difficult act of packing. What necessities can fit in the backpack, and what has to be left behind? As far as we’re concerned, coffee is a non-negotiable necessity on a hiking or mountain biking trip, but the equipment required to make a quality cup is often bulky. That’s why we’re delighted by the Wacaco Minipresso NS travel coffee maker. Weighing only 350g and only 175mm long, the Minipresso NS easily fits into the water bottle holder or inside your pack without becoming a burden.
One of a few different models of Wacaco coffee makers that are available from camping equipment specialist, 1085 Adventures, the NS version has been developed to be compatible with NS coffee capsules. As well as making it easy to pack in your bag, the advantage is that the coffee is ground, measured, tamped, with a higher precision than we are capable of doing. There is very little left for error, so your espresso is great every time.
How to Use the Wacaco MiniPresso NS Travel Coffee Maker:
- Unscrew the brewing head, filter basket and water tank.
- Add any compatible camping coffee capsules into the outlet head.
- Add water to the water tank and screw to the main chamber.
- Twist the piston counter clockwise to unscrew.
- Pump the piston at a rate of one pump per second to extract the espresso.
- Pump until no more water comes out.
Wacaco MiniPresso NG Travel Coffee Maker Features:
Great espresso every time
8 bar pressure (similar to commercial automatic coffee machines)
Water capacity: 70ml
Dimensions: 175 x 70 x 60mm